Skip to main content

News

12,736 articles from 50+ sources

reddit.com Neutral
India to boost coal use for summer power as Mideast crisis hits LNG supplies

submitted by /u/zxNemz to r/worldnews [link] [comments]

news.google.com Neutral
White House disputes claim of Navy escort on Strait of Hormuz - upi.com

White House disputes claim of Navy escort on Strait of Hormuz  upi.com

Times of Israel Neutral
Government pulls controversial dairy reform from upcoming budget

Farmers, kibbutz, moshav movements, welcome move, call for dialogue to reach deal that will strengthen economy, lower cost of living, bolster local production The post Government pulls controversial dairy reform from upcoming budget appeared first on The Times of Israel.

Al-Monitor Pro-Israel
Boeing signs $289 million Israel contract for 5,000 smart bombs, Bloomberg News reports

March 10 (Reuters) - Boeing has signed a new $289 million contract with Israel to deliver as many as 5,000 new air-launched smart bombs, Bloomberg News reported on Tuesday, citing three people familiar with the transaction. (Reporting by Mariam Sunny in Bengaluru; Editing by Alan Barona)

Al-Monitor Pro-Iran
US satellite firm extends Middle East image delay

American firm Planet Labs PBC on Tuesday said it now imposes a two-week delay for access to its satellite images of the Middle East because of the US-Israeli war against Iran. Both major US satellite firms, Planet and Vantor, now delay or block the release of images from the Middle East because of the conflict that erupted on February 28 with US-Israeli strikes on Iran. California-based Planet initially imposed a 96-hour delay last week for access to its high-resolution images, which are usually available a few hours after they are taken.

news.google.com Unclassified
Iran laying mines in Strait of Hormuz? Trump shares chilling news; ‘completely destroyed…’ | Hindustan Times - Hindustan Times

Iran laying mines in Strait of Hormuz? Trump shares chilling news; ‘completely destroyed…’ | Hindustan Times  Hindustan Times

The Independent Pro-Iran
Is Trump’s war over? Not for the thousands in Beirut left homeless by bombs

Washington has given mixed signals in the past two days over how long its war in Iran will last. Families sheltering from Israeli bombs in the suburbs of Beirut tell Bel Trew that the devastation has left them without hope for their country’s future

news.google.com Unclassified
Strait of Hormuz Closure Deepens Global Aluminum Supply Crunch - Mexico Business News

Strait of Hormuz Closure Deepens Global Aluminum Supply Crunch  Mexico Business News

news.google.com Unclassified
Iran‑Israel‑US War Escalation: Explosions Heard in Doha as Qatar Intercepts Iranian Missiles, No Damage Reported; Trump Warns Over Strait of Hormuz Threat | BREAKING - The Sunday Guardian

Iran‑Israel‑US War Escalation: Explosions Heard in Doha as Qatar Intercepts Iranian Missiles, No Damage Reported; Trump Warns Over Strait of Hormuz Threat | BREAKING  The Sunday Guardian

reddit.com Neutral
Seven members of Iran's women's football team have sought asylum, ABC understands

submitted by /u/WF-2 to r/worldnews [link] [comments]

Middle East Eye Pro-Iran
Democratic senator says Trump on 'path toward deploying' US troops in Iran

Democratic senator says Trump on 'path toward deploying' US troops in Iran Yasmine El-Sabawi on Tue, 03/10/2026 - 19:50 Richard Blumenthal spoke to reporters after a closed briefing provided to the Senate Armed Services Committee Democratic Senator from Connecticut, Richard Blumenthal, speaks to reporters after a classified briefing on the US-Israeli war on Iran, on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, on 10 March 2026 (Kylie Cooper/Reuters) Off Democratic Senator Richard Blumenthal on Tuesday told reporters he believes the Trump administration is "on a path toward deploying American troops on the ground in Iran".  Blumenthal was speaking to reporters on Capitol Hill after emerging from a classified briefing for members of the Senate Armed Services Committee.  This comes as the Reuters news agency, citing unnamed sources, reported on Tuesday that at least 150 US troops have been wounded in the US-Israeli war on Iran thus far. Eight others have been confirmed killed in the Gulf.  Blumenthal's comments may be the clearest indication yet as to what US President Donald Trump is contemplating doing next in the war on Iran, given Trump himself hasn't even provided the public with a clear rationale for the military action dubbed "Operation Epic Fury".  (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Democrats have blasted the president for not seeking congressional authorisation for the war, which, in theory, is within their purview, and for not being able to articulate exactly what he wants to accomplish, given he has criticised past wars and regime-change operations by the US in the Middle East.  "I emerge from this briefing as dissatisfied and angry, frankly, as I have from any past briefing in my 15 years in the Senate," Blumenthal said. "I am most concerned about the threat to American lives of potentially deploying our sons and daughters on the ground in Iran. We seem to be on a path toward deploying American troops," he added.  Blumenthal also accused Russia and China of aiding Iran in the war.  "Literally, Russia seems to be aiding our enemy. Actively and intensively. With intelligence and perhaps with other means. And China may also be assisting Iran." (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Mixed messaging Asked to respond to Blumenthal's comments at her White House briefing, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said Democratic lawmakers "are clearly being quite disingenuous".  "I wouldn't take Democrats at their word as for boots on the ground. The president has talked about this repeatedly. Wisely, he does not rule options out as commander-in-chief," she added.  Democrats demand investigation of claims US-Israeli war on Iran is biblical prophecy Read More » Leavitt was also asked about Trump's insistence on choosing the next leader in Iran, and how that would not be considered an act of regime change. Last week, Secretary of War Pete Hegseth told reporters that the war is categorically not a regime-change operation, but that it may inadvertently cause a change in regime.  "It's obviously within the best interest of the United States and the West to no longer have a radical terrorist in charge of Iran," Leavitt said.  "We have objectives that we have laid out that the commander-in-chief wants to see achieved. When they are achieved, they will ultimately be up to the president to end this operation." When pressed as to what the objectives are, Leavitt said it was to prevent Iran from ever acquiring "a nuclear bomb to threaten the United States".  According to mediator Oman, US negotiations with Iran last month on Tehran’s nuclear programme were nearing an agreement that all parties could have found acceptable. However, it is now being reported that Trump's negotiating team, made up of peace envoy and real estate mogul Steve Witkoff, and Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, who has no formal role within the US government, did not have the necessary technical expertise to understand that Iran had made significant concessions in the talks.  War on Iran Washington News Post Date Override 0 Update Date Mon, 05/04/2020 - 21:19 Update Date Override 0

Middle East Eye Pro-Israel
Netanyahu tells Iranian people to ‘remove the Ayatollah regime’

Netanyahu tells Iranian people to ‘remove the Ayatollah regime’ Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu wrote a message on his office’s official X account on Tuesday night where he addressed himself to the people of Iran, urging them to seize what he calls a “once in a lifetime opportunity to remove the Ayatollah regime and gain your freedom.” “The Ayatollah [Ali Khamenei] is no more, and I know you don’t want him replaced with another tyrant,” Netanyahu posted. “So you must act. We are creating the conditions for you to do so. When the time is right, and that time is fast approaching, we will pass the torch to you. Be ready to seize the moment!”

news.google.com Unclassified
Heaviest day of strikes yet on Iran despite market bets that war will end soon - Reuters

Heaviest day of strikes yet on Iran despite market bets that war will end soon  Reuters

news.google.com Unclassified
U.S. Showers Iran With Bombs in Most Intense Strikes of the War, Pentagon Says - The New York Times

U.S. Showers Iran With Bombs in Most Intense Strikes of the War, Pentagon Says  The New York Times

The Independent Pro-Israel
Trump says US sunk 10 mine-laying ships after threatening Iran over reports of mines in the Strait of Hormuz

The Strait of Hormuz is a waterway that carries about a fifth of the world’s oil supply

news.google.com Unclassified
Trump warns Iran over Hormuz mines as US weighs tanker escorts - ایران اینترنشنال

Trump warns Iran over Hormuz mines as US weighs tanker escorts  ایران اینترنشنال

news.google.com Unclassified
Trump says US has destroyed mine-laying vessels after warning Iran over Strait of Hormuz - Yahoo

Trump says US has destroyed mine-laying vessels after warning Iran over Strait of Hormuz  Yahoo

The Independent Pro-Iran
Even Joe Rogan is against Trump’s attacks on Iran: ‘It just seems so insane’

Rogan has been critical of the president since he returned to the White House, speaking out about the Epstein files, Trump’s immigration crackdown and now the Iran war

news.google.com Neutral
Trump's Iran war messaging is all over the map - Axios

Trump's Iran war messaging is all over the map  Axios

news.google.com Pro-Israel
Oil prices drop near $80 as US walks back claim that tanker was escorted through Strait of Hormuz - New York Post

Oil prices drop near $80 as US walks back claim that tanker was escorted through Strait of Hormuz  New York Post