Skip to main content

News

12,736 articles from 50+ sources

news.google.com Neutral
Video | Parliament Erupts As Opposition Seeks 'War Debate' On Iran-Israel Crisis - NDTV

Video | Parliament Erupts As Opposition Seeks 'War Debate' On Iran-Israel Crisis  NDTV

reddit.com Neutral
Asian countries shut universities, ration fuel amid energy crisis sparked by Iran conflict

submitted by /u/CrystalGyarados to r/worldnews [link] [comments]

news.google.com Pro-Israel
Community voices opinions on Iran war - The Daily Lobo

Community voices opinions on Iran war  The Daily Lobo

news.google.com Neutral
Israel: Security intensified at Netanyahu home amid Iran war - The New Arab

Israel: Security intensified at Netanyahu home amid Iran war  The New Arab

news.google.com Pro-Iran
Graham Says War With Iran Is “Best Money Ever Spent” After Voting to Kick Millions Off Medicaid Last Year - Truthout

Graham Says War With Iran Is “Best Money Ever Spent” After Voting to Kick Millions Off Medicaid Last Year  Truthout

Al Jazeera Neutral
Trump says Australia has ‘taken care of’ some Iranian women footballers

Players' union FIFPRO expressed serious concerns for team after criticism for not singing anthem before first match.

news.google.com Pro-Iran
Opinion | Fears of a ‘Quagmire’ in Trump’s War on Iran - The New York Times

Opinion | Fears of a ‘Quagmire’ in Trump’s War on Iran  The New York Times

The Independent Pro-Iran
From Signalgate to Iran: Half of Republican aides in Congress say Hegseth is hurting Trump’s foreign agenda

Hegseth has presided over a major Signal security breach, faced scrutiny over missile strikes against alleged drug vessels in the Caribbean and is now overseeing Trump’s war in Iran

The Independent Pro-Israel
Watch: US B-52 bomber lands at UK air base as Iran conflict spirals

A US Air Force B-52 bomber plane landed at RAF Fairford airbase on Monday (9 March), after the US and Israel’s airstrikes towards Iran sparked widespread regional conflict.

news.google.com Neutral
Macron orders ‘unprecedented’ naval deployment to Strait of Hormuz - Yahoo

Macron orders ‘unprecedented’ naval deployment to Strait of Hormuz  Yahoo

news.google.com Unclassified
Israeli Foreign Minister refuses to rule out assassination plans, as Iran chooses new supreme leader - CNN

Israeli Foreign Minister refuses to rule out assassination plans, as Iran chooses new supreme leader  CNN

news.google.com Unclassified
Emmanuel Macron orders ‘unprecedented’ naval deployment to Strait of Hormuz - The Telegraph

Emmanuel Macron orders ‘unprecedented’ naval deployment to Strait of Hormuz  The Telegraph

Middle East Eye Pro-Iran
How Iran war will shape the future of Hezbollah and Israeli expansionism

How Iran war will shape the future of Hezbollah and Israeli expansionism Hicham Safieddine on Mon, 03/09/2026 - 16:02 Lebanon's armed resistance has reached a critical juncture, amid ongoing Israeli occupation and ceasefire violations Smoke billows from the site of an Israeli air strike in the southern suburbs of the Lebanese capital Beirut on 9 March 2026 (Ibrahim Amro/AFP) Off The US-Israeli war on Iran has led to a regional conflagration, with Lebanon becoming one of its hot spots.   Two days after the attack on Iran, Hezbollah launched rockets across the border towards Haifa. Israel swiftly responded with large-scale bombings, targeted assassination attempts and ground incursions. This new round of fighting on the Lebanese front is unlikely to impact the war on Iran in a significant manner. But it will have serious consequences for the future of armed resistance in Lebanon and Israel’s expansionist plans, including the occupation of larger swathes of southern Lebanese territory. Shortly after the outbreak of hostilities, the Lebanese government voted to outlaw Hezbollah’s military and security activities, instead of taking concrete measures to fend off Israeli aggression. In effect, this was a political and legal coup against the right to resistance. The decision is the culmination of a series of government decrees issued since the November 2024 ceasefire, all aimed at rolling back the state sanctioning of armed resistance that had been in place since the mid-1990s.  (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Prior to its recent rocket attacks, Hezbollah had fully abided by the ceasefire agreement, while Israeli violations continued unabated. During the declared period of the cessation of hostilities, Israel’s attacks on Lebanon have killed close to 400 people and injured more than 1,100.  Israeli forces have also refused to withdraw from five military positions inside Lebanon, while conducting regular incursions to destroy property or abduct citizens. Lebanese fuel to Israeli fire The Lebanese government has added fuel to the fire by tightening the economic siege on the resistance community in southern Lebanon. Reconstruction efforts have been stalled under the pretext of disarming Hezbollah and cutting off financial flows from sympathetic states like Iran or parts of Iraq. On the military front, Lebanon’s army was deployed in the south as part of efforts to assert state sovereignty. But its operations were restricted to seizing Hezbollah weapons in line with US and Israeli demands, rather than defending Lebanese sovereignty against Israeli threats. During this period, President Joseph Aoun and Prime Minister Nawaf Salam sought to apply diplomatic pressure to force Israeli compliance, with no results. Their bet on improving the army’s military capabilities has also reached a dead end.  Political forces aligned with the US-Israeli agenda are demanding that the army crack down with force on Hezbollah. This is a recipe for civil war The much-touted Paris conference to support the army, initially scheduled for 5 March, was shelved after the outbreak of this war. The cancellation notwithstanding, previous aid packages suggest that any future funding of the army will likely be geared towards the salaries of soldiers and acting against non-state actors, rather than confronting foreign threats.  Amid the current war, the army finds itself at the crosshairs of competing demands.  On one hand, political forces aligned with the US-Israeli agenda are demanding that the army crack down with force on Hezbollah. This is a recipe for civil war. So far, the army’s chief commander, Rodolphe Haykal, has resisted this path.  On the other hand, the army’s reported withdrawal from several positions in the south once the fighting began, and its impotence in the face of Israeli attacks, have reinforced claims that it is too weak to protect the country’s sovereignty.  Interconnected fronts If the army can’t be used as leverage against Hezbollah, the remaining card for its opponents is to drive a wedge between Hezbollah and its social base and its closest ally, the Amal Movement, by blaming Hezbollah rather than Israel for their plight.  The timing and circumstances of displacement might appear favourable for this strategy. The government estimates that over 517,000 people have been forced to flee in the last week alone - the second mass displacement in less than two years. It is winter, and the state’s ability to provide shelter and food is limited, while rent has skyrocketed. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The success of this strategy, however, depends in part on the military performance of Hezbollah in the short run, and the outcome of the war in the long run. Many displaced people might be frustrated or critical of Hezbollah’s decision to launch rockets, regardless of signs that Israel could be planning a large-scale invasion after calling in 100,000 reserve soldiers.  How Israel is laying the groundwork for ethnic cleansing in southern Lebanon Read More » But the resistance community, including those who are displaced, are equally aware that the trigger is not the cause. They have vivid memories of decades of Israeli aggression, and lived experiences of the more recent and ongoing Israeli attacks. They are also fully aware of Israel’s longstanding settler-colonial ambitions south of the Litani River.  If the war leads to a renegotiation of ceasefire terms - ending Israeli violations and occupation, while leading to a safe return of Lebanese civilians and reconstruction - any criticism of Hezbollah’s tactics will evaporate, and the population’s trust in its ability to protect them will be restored after two years of doubt. A return to the status quo, or more Israeli gains, would have the opposite effect. The likelihood of either scenario is not a strictly domestic affair. It will be impacted by the outcome of the regional war and Iran’s ability to withstand this latest US-Israeli onslaught. The interconnectedness of the two fronts is a reminder that the current conflict in the Middle East is not a domestic or national affair, but a broader crisis that could shape the future of US imperialism and Zionist settler-colonialism for decades to come. The views expressed in this article belong to the author and do not necessarily reflect the editorial policy of Middle East Eye. Israel's war on Lebanon Opinion Post Date Override 0 Update Date Mon, 05/04/2020 - 21:29 Update Date Override 0

Al-Monitor Neutral
Ukraine ready for new peace talks 'at any moment', Zelenskiy says

KYIV, March 9 (Reuters) - Ukraine is ready for new U.S.-backed peace talks "at any moment", but its partners' attention is currently focused on the Iran conflict, President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on Monday, adding that the U.S. had asked to postpone an upcoming meeting. Writing on X, Zelenskiy said Moscow was trying to manipulate the conflict in its favour and aiming to turn Iran's strikes on its neighbours and U.S. bases into "a second front of Russia's war against Ukraine". (Reporting by Anna Pruchnicka; Writing by Dan Peleschuk; Editing by Kevin Liffey)

news.google.com Unclassified
Trump’s War Becomes World’s Latest Economic Hazard - The New York Times

Trump’s War Becomes World’s Latest Economic Hazard  The New York Times

news.google.com Unclassified
Airfare hikes loom as Iran war drives fuel prices up - NewsNation

Airfare hikes loom as Iran war drives fuel prices up  NewsNation

news.google.com Unclassified
Ships change tracking data, boast China links to weave through Strait of Hormuz - The Straits Times

Ships change tracking data, boast China links to weave through Strait of Hormuz  The Straits Times

Al-Monitor Pro-Israel
Zelensky says 11 countries asking Ukraine for drone help against Iran

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Monday that 11 countries had tapped Kyiv for help in how to counter Iranian drones being fired by Tehran in retaliation for US-Israeli strikes. Ukraine has to fend off nightly barrages of Iranian-designed Shahed attack drones launched by Russia, an ally of Tehran. They now being used in strikes across the Middle East.

Al-Monitor Neutral
Ships brandish China-links to weave through Strait of Hormuz

Ships anchored in the Gulf or transiting the Strait of Hormuz are changing their tracking data to boast links to China in an attempt to evade Iranian attacks, according to data from shipping tracker Marine Traffic analysed by AFP. Iran has effectively closed the vital waterway since US-Israeli strikes on it began on February 28, and at least 10 vessels have been attacked since. But by claiming to have an "all-Chinese crew" aboard, or changing their destination to "Chinese owner", vessels are linking themselves to Iran's most important economic partner, Beijing.

Al-Monitor Pro-Iran
Joy of Ramadan sapped by destruction of Middle East war

For Muslims across the world, Ramadan is synonymous with prayer, spirituality and joyful nighttime gatherings, but across much of the Middle East, the Iran war means evenings no longer have anything festive about them. The celebrations that usually accompany the holy fasting month have been spoiled by bombing, displacement and cash shortages, all soundtracked by the frequent wail of air raid sirens. Last week, Zainab El Masry, 40, of Lebanon, was preparing lentil soup and fattoush salad for iftar, the fast-breaking meal taken at sunset, with her family.